Not long ago I stumbled over  where someone wanted to have images of tweets from Twitter in Choqok. Since I find the image preview in the official twitter app on my Android / iOS devices quite nice I thought, this couldn’t be that difficult to do. After a short search on Google I found the API needed to get the images from Twitter so I included it.
This was the first time with bigger UI changes for me. Ok no real changes but I had to include the image somehow inside the current widget for each tweet as well as download the images from the Twitter servers.
Currently the changes are on Reviewboard but once they are reviewed they will be available for everyone. This would also be a good point for a new version release.
Which changes will come to Choqok 1.5 as well? Currently there is a new plugin for pump.io (The new backend API for identi.ca) developed and maintained by Andrea Scarpino
Before I end this post here are two screenshots (before and after)
That’s it for now.
My name is Daniel and I’m currently working on Choqok the awesome Micro Blogging Client for KDE.
- Make Choqok ready for Qt5
- New UI completly in QML
- Adding support for Google+ (maybe Facebook if you wish)
this is my first blog post ever.
In this blog post I will try to explain, what posts will appear from time to time.
I’m a developer who tried a few times to become active in some of the major linux software projects like Mageia, Ubuntu (worked for a few weeks in the Ubuntu beginner team) or KDE.
But always because of low time I had to step back from these projects for some time.
Now I will give it another try. In july this year I had my first code contribution to KDE, especially to the Dolphin file manager, where I fixed a regression in Dolphin 2.1 a few weeks before KDE 4.9 got released.
What kind of regression am I talking about? When adding a new folder to places, the name which appeared was the one of the parent directory instead of the name of the directory you added to Dolphin. This was a one line fix and easy to find and fix.
But as mentioned earlier time for working on KDE run short again because I was near to finishing my study of computer science at the University of Science in Bingen (Germany) and my bachelor thesis had to be finished.
Now that my study is finished and I started working I will get more time for working on open source software in the future.
Because I will finish this post I want to summarize on what I’m currently working on.
I’m building KDE from source now to get a working development environment again and after that I will have a look at bugs.kde.org and find some easy tasks to work on.
I will blog on the things I work on as I find the time for it.